19 January 2009

poor piper

Diane made a comment about poor Piper who I met in Washington Square Park the other day, and I wanted to share this cute picture of my dad's dog, Willie. He is part papillon, part pomeranian and part pit bull (or so Willie thinks). My gruff tough papa got Willie a Christmas stocking full of toys and bones and stuff, and this little sweater was in there. Once we got it on him, the poor darling just stood there, like he was scared to move. I picked him up and he whimpered...We put him outside and he just stayed right where we put him...I had to leave shortly thereafter so I don't know how it ended, but I know Willie was miserable.

Dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes, I don't think...

3 comments:

Diane said...

I wasn't sure which end was which in the first picture ;)

He's a cutie... and I can see putting sweaters on little dogs, as they can't always hold their body heat (though he's a fuzzy little thing :). But his reaction proves to me that he's definitely got some pit bull in him (no matter what he looks like! ;)

Irish Gumbo said...

Maybe dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes like people aren't supposed to wear leashes...

Ooh, you should drop in on Henry at "Henry The Dog Diaries", his last entry is on dogs and undies, quite good!

Briana said...

Someone needs to explain that to my mother. She puts outfits with hats on her. The hat part will fall over her eyes, but my mom is convinced that she likes the outfits.