and photos of this darling sweet little puppy. AND I HAVE ADDED SOME MORE PHOTOS AND SOME VIDEO!!I've never seen anyone so attached to a dog as was Aunt C (except maybe my sister, but she is part animal and has a natural affinity to 4 legged creatures).
Anyway, Chica came into Aunt C's life about 4 years ago, if I recall correctly, by way of my "misguided" (to put it kindly) cousin. Chica was a mess,
At first,
Chica went everywhere with AC. She had her own carry case, but in the car, she usually sat in AC's lap. In the stores, Chica got tucked under a shirt. She was cute and little, but beyond that, she was a talented and smart dog, and not at all YAPPY like little dogs are so wont to be! Chica looked like a meer cat when she sat up on her back legs for a treat. In the photo, it is Chica eying AC's hand - hoping for a treat. Willie, the white dog, could care less about
rubber! She'd burrow all the way down under the covers (in the bed of course), and loved her toys. She liked scattering them all over the floor and loved to play tug of war. her new toy this Christmas has some crinkly stuff inside it, and instead of just gnawing on it, she'd do little flea bites at it...The photo with the three dogs is Chica with her first cousins, Willie, my dad's dog and Flash, my sister's Chihuahua.Oh, and she was SO fierce, and she'd rumble and growl if you tried to take her toy away from her, and she'd roar like a lion and jump like a gazelle if you actually wrested it away. The cutest thing she did, was when Uncle D would look at her and say, "do you have pee?" She'd start whining and barking at a super high pitch and
start bouncing up and down. UD would sit there a moment longer, egging her on with, "Do you Chica attended all the 4th of July parties and the annual Christmas Eve Bashes for the last several years, which is the only time I ever saw her, since I live ELSE where. There are always lots of little kids and little dogs underfoot (and wierd for me
to be the grown up and NOT one of the ankle biters!!). Chica would get so upset at all the splashing! - she would bite at the water as it came over the edge of the pool...and with a pool full of ninety-eleven cousins, you can imagine how mad she was!! The photo of Kelly
don't you think?Chica and Willie liked to wrestle, but this just looks like Chica is waiting for a belly rub...
Chica on the 4th of July with AC, granddaughter K, and the baby is K's sister (it is complicated but we are a cool family). In the background is my Aunt M and my sister. Chica always enjoyed bathing.And here is the last photo I took of Chica, a couple of days before she died, with my brother's daughter on Christmas eve.

You will be missed little Chica! You were loved by a lot of people and the world will be a sadder place without you! My heart is broken for my aunt and uncle. AC and UD had to leave on Sunday after they buried Chica in the back yard to go on a cruise, and while I am glad AC isn't sitting moping around the house, I sure hope UD kept the life preserver on her - I am sure she was pretty distraught!!
6 comments:
Awwww... I'm so sorry. Though I hated to hear that she died, the story of how she lived was wonderful. Thanks for sharing (and thanks for the whole 'dead puppy thing' not being something really macabre... I was worried :).
I am sorry about Chica!!! What a lovely doggie!!!
She had a great life though!!!!
We love you Chica and you will remain in our hearts until we can meet again!
That's why I want mum to get a digi camera - all those lovely times captured forever. She was obviously very much loved when she was alive and had a great life.
Aww that's so sad...and she really was cute...
Thanks for the great tribute to Chica, your Aunt C arranged for me to adopt a dog (Sugar) back in 1994 and Sugar gave me the best 11 years of my life, after she passed, your Aunt C got me through it with her kindess and compassion and love and thank you for helping her now. Chica was a great dog for a great lady.
Post a Comment