04 March 2009

Fabulous Florida

I had a great time at mom's this past week...enjoyed the sunny weather with a couple of nice walks, drank coffee at my favorite little bagel place, where one of the guys who works there remembers me from year to year. As usual, it was all about the food....

M3 and I went to Carlos and Pepe's for margaritas and chimichangas;

MTR and I had
brunch at the Floridian, then we joined M3 for drinks at the Southport Raw Bar.

My mama is on Nutrisystem, so there was nothing to eat at her house but packaged food...so she took me out. A lot. I need to be on Nutri-system now. She took me to Lago Mar for an outstanding omelette AND a chocolate chip
pancake. We went to Sea Watch on A1a for out of this world salmon and dessert to load up on insulin for, that included a "pot" of hot fudge. We also ate at Kelly's a couple of times....there is no clam chowder like Kellys. AND she made me a delicious lasagna. I think I am ready for my BEFORE photo now!

DKK treated me to a day at the Ren Faire, with M and P, and NO kids!!. The Faire will get a post of its own soonish. It needs it

Mom and I also met up with JU at Blue Martini and had lunch at Johnny V's where i had the divine smoked tomato soup with the little grilled cheese sandwich croutons...yum, and cheesecake bread pudding...

I didn't make it to the beach (the photo in the earlier post was actually from last year, when I had 2 broken ribs and I couldn't even lie down on the sand cuz it hurt so bad!), and other than a few walks, I have not worked out in a week. Are we taking bets on how much weight I have gained?

I am in Birmingham, AL now....wheeeee...Lovely hotel though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a blast!! Miss you already!!

MTR

SSP said...

Miss You Too!!!!