05 March 2009

Putting it Out There

"They" always say to write down your goals, the things you want the universe to bring you; to be specific and ordered in your desires and they will come to you more easily. Put it out there, they say, so with that in mind, here is what I "want" (oh, sure BESIDES a cure for diabetes, world peace, economic recovery and all those things I can do NOTHING about):

I want to live in France. That's it. Just for a while, say 3 - 6 months. Don't much care where, but just there. I want to become a part of the culture and life. I have friends there, and speak the language, I have been many times and always feel very at home, at peace, really, when I am there. You may not see it in the photos here, but the smile on my face is pretty genuine!


I just can't seem to make it happen that the cards line up right for me to make a move.
I have no kids, no pets, no mortgage, I have a flexible job that could probably be bended around 3 -5 months of me working from even more afar...I have some cash saved...My passport is valid...what is stopping me?

That's what I want. Maybe writing it down in public, instead of just dreaming about it in private will help...maybe not.


So, what do YOU want?

4 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

So, go! Now is the time, especially if your job will allow you the flexibility.

Need me to buy you some Pimsleur, mamselle? Will that get ya going?

That Janie Girl said...

BTW - you need to hook up with Belette Rouge! She's Paris bound...

Stephanie said...

What IS stopping you? Sounds like a wonderful dream! Paris is on my "list" of places I dream of seeing. SIGH. One day!
PS 47 and Staring sent me...glad she did :)

Eric said...

Do it! Do it! Arles, Nimes, Paris... all good.
Venice is where I want to be.