Random Tuesday....Because that's the way it is
Yes, I have a lot to catch up on, but while I am still sorting things out, here is a great line from David Mamet's Speed the Plow that I saw on Broadway a few weeks back. William Macy had replaced Jeremy Piven and did a STELLAR job. Someone asks his character, the conscience-free Bobby Gould, Why something or other had to happen and he answers:
"Why? Why are nickels bigger than dimes? Because that's the way it is, that's why!"
Any more questions???
note: this is not a picture of William Macy, or Jeremy Piven, or indeed any other actor who has ever done Mamet on or off stage...this is rear admiral Joseph Nimmich.....Credit for the photo goes to Javier at NPS, but it had the right TONE for the post, dontcha think?
4 comments:
I've always wondered that myself.
Terrific post girlie!!
Says a lot and I love his answer!!
I like to say it is what it is, but thats the way it is works too!!!
I saw it with Jeremy Piven and he was not invested at all. I studied acting at Atlantic so I'm so jealous you got to see Macy!
@diane - it might be good for Ryan when she asks why she can't date til she;s 35
@Michelle - thanks :-)
@RB - I heard he was "different" in the role - the Times didn't think he was horrible, but truly Macy and Mamet are like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, right?
Post a Comment