I head down to the meeting space (on time) and before I have even sat down, she tells me, in an accusing tone of voice, that some papers we need are missing from the box. I remembered packing everything the night before, but hey, maybe I was on quaaludes, so I went back to my room to get them. Naturally, it wasn't there (because. I. had. put. them. in. the. box), so I went back down and said, "Are you sure they aren't in the box?" My boss snorts (really), "Well, you can LOOK if you don't believe me." At that, I simply opened my note book, took out the master copies and started towards the hotel copy center. J gets in my face and hollers, "it is 75 cents a page! (x 5 pages, x 35 copies...gotta love hotel markup) and I said, "HEY if I hadn't FORGOTTEN to pack them (as apparently I had), then it would be no big deal, but I fucked up, and we NEED them, so we will have to suck it up and pay to get it done."
I think I then asked her if she'd like me to pull the original 35 copies out of my ass, but whatever I said, caused her to get all swole up (see definition #5). We then had "words" in front of el Hefe...Her latina machismo coming out, my fiery italian attitude bubbling to the surface....had she not been a black belt in karate, and a former Army drill sargent, it might have come to blows! I have not wanted to physically hit someone so bad in YEARS!!
Instead, I stormed off, leaving them to do the copying and registering of folks, while I sat in the audition room doing the timing and man, did I have to suffer through some horribile auditions. The candidates usually get 3 minutes, but there were a few that day who got cut off at 2:49 (sorry).
When they were over, I came out and started packing up the box to go back to my room....and THERE, in the fucking box, are the copies that she and el Hefe SWORE were not there!!! I was LIVID.....it wasn't even like there were 4 or 5 boxes to deal with - there was ONE!!! I took a couple of breaths then, through gritted teeth, I asked el Hefe in a disturbingly calm and even voice, "why the fucking hell did you not tell me you found them?" His response? "Oh, there wasn't anything we could "do" about it since we had already redone the copies." Well, maybe not, but I had sat in that godawful audition room for FOUR hours, thinking I HAD Screwed up!! He LET me sit there, thinking I had made a collasal and expensive mistake...
I was just so irritated.....I know...I should let it go, but I just wanted to kick J in her smug, know it all face. I don't make mistakes, but on the rare occasion I do, I will do whatever it takes to fix it, ya know?
So once again, yes I LOOOOVEEE my job. it is just a damn good thing they let me work from Arizona most of the time and I don't have to play nice with them every day! Plus, she is such a messy worker, it makes ME feel like a neat freak! And they work with all the florescent lights on, where as I have the sun filling my office, or a small lamp with a muted shade.....
2 comments:
Remind me to ALWAYS look completely through the box when you're around.
What do you do?
How weird... my word verification is 'dition'... as in 'audition'...
LOL....it's not that tough, really and it's not like it is a POD or something...it is a small, copy paper size box, with no hidden compartments. Although after the fiasco with hiding my own stuff back in January, I must admit, I do pack really really well.
In my "day job" I organize auditions for people who want to go to graduate school in theatre - that is PART of it anyway...
Post a Comment