Someone actually wrote this book! According to a review I read (since I don't think this is a book I would read), the author, Sonja Lyubomirsky, "studied" the subject for 18 years, apparently, prior to writing the book. She thinks we fail to "recognize genuine sources of bliss," like walking on the beach and spending time with friends, because we are always in "pursuit" of happiness, cuz it is something to be chased or achieved. I don't know about the other 9 billion folks on earth, but I experienced bliss today, having breakfast with Maria Like Seinfeld, this is a blog about nothing. Random and disjointed according to my mood and my blood sugar and there is absolutely no set theme. There are PLENTY of "theme" blogs out there....
01 March 2009
the HOW of Happiness
Someone actually wrote this book! According to a review I read (since I don't think this is a book I would read), the author, Sonja Lyubomirsky, "studied" the subject for 18 years, apparently, prior to writing the book. She thinks we fail to "recognize genuine sources of bliss," like walking on the beach and spending time with friends, because we are always in "pursuit" of happiness, cuz it is something to be chased or achieved. I don't know about the other 9 billion folks on earth, but I experienced bliss today, having breakfast with Maria
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wonderful girlie!!!
No need for a book to tell us that right???
I miss you!!!
I love those! I think the lucky people are the ones that DO recognize those moments.
Practice makes perfect!
Hey Sara you know i loved your peanut butter comment....especially your desert which is a must have!!!!!
I eat peanut butter daily!! I wonder how good that is but I cannot stop!!!
Post a Comment