08 March 2009

Travelin's a Curse

so here I am in Birmingham, AL, a nice town, but really very dull, even though the place was swarming with Swiss tourists who were also in town for the Davis Cup.

I am supposed to be halfway to Houston right now, which would mean I was almost 1/2way home, and in the immortal words of Steve Martin, Buuuuutttttttt NNNnnnnooooooo! the flight before us was delayed cuz a flight attendant was sick, so they took one of ours, finally...and now apparently we are waiting for a NEW one to be FLOWN in (Don't they have anyone else here that could wheel the drink cart up and back? No, I know it is more involved that that, but I'm just sayin')

So, my options are either fly Delta at 5pm through Atlanta and get home in the middle of the night, OR, spend the night in Houston and get a flight out in the morning. I am not a big night driver, so I have opted to spend the night in Houston....The added bonus of seeing Aunt C, and possibly my pop makes this more appealing, but dude, I just wanna go home!!

Oh, they are boarding us finally....Gracie Lucie - it was a joy and I will write about seeing you last night next....I need to upload the photos!!!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Ahh bad traveling karma! So sorry. It was awesome to see you!!

Diane said...

Ugh... I feel for you.

And go to France, woman. GO! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

I just returned from NY and mercifully the flight not only took off on time but I GOT MY OWN ROW!

when the hell does that ever happen anymore? I should've bought a lottery ticket yesterday.

SSP said...

@laurie: YOU TOO! I am so glad you took the time to come up. I am trying to find my year book to see what you wrote in mine!

@Diane: thanks...and I am thinking on it.....

@bern: oh my gosh that is incredible! I hope you managed to stretch out and luxuriate in it! Did you get nasty looks from other people? What airline? It IS unusual!