31 December 2008

2008 review

I stole this from 47 and starting over, one of my new favorite blogs (don't be jealous everyone else, you are also still my favorites!!), and I thought I would give this a shot while I am sorting all my mama-drama.
What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
walked into the grand canyon, AND back out without life support....Of course we went only about 1000 yards in. I voted for an African American. I LOST the Play in a Day Competition (I have won the last 4 years in a row) I broke two ribs walking down the sidewalk. I didn't think about sex once! (one of those things is a lie).
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember them, and I resolve to write them down this time so someone can chastise me severely next year.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Courtney had Landry, Candace had Maddie (she isn't "close" but the daddy is my misguided cousin), Katrina had Elijah, Cari had Lucas, Lauren had Elliott, and I think that is it for now...I got 3 or 4 friends and/or relatives who are pregnant, though so look out 2009. I am old enough to have grand children now...holy crap.
Did anyone close to you die? Real close, no, but a dear cousin, David died in September. He used to play bass guitar in the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller center. And my grandfather's last sibling, Uncle Henry, died. No more from that generation! :-( And Chica....
What countries did you spend time in this year? Surely this is a trick question. I haven't been anywhere off the continent in 4 years and I am damn miserable about it. Thanks for the salt in this nice paper cut of a wound!!
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A waist line? nahhh - too much work. How about some quiet time and a real vacation?? As long as we are dreaming, how about some damn peace in the world. How about 2% interest on a savings account instead of .02%. How about food for everyone??
What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Ohh fuck it, I don't want to play this silly game. I have too much too do as it is! Maybe next year.....

2 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

I'm still thinking about that stuff...

Nah, no I'm not! I am currently pursuing a 'no-mindedness' policy, borrowed from my Buddhist friends.

I am approaching 2009 with a blank slate...

Happy New Year, SSP!

Briana said...

I broke 2 of my resolutions within the first 2 days of the year :( I've never been good with those!