Well, the impossible has happened. I got a virus from my computer...thanks Diane, for sending the snot and fever over to Tucson. Of course, I am ever so glad it is THIS week while I am buried with work (see photo) and have yet to start Christmas shopping, not to mention beating the three week advance purchase for my January trip to Michigan, and then there are the three, count em, three holiday "get togethers." (not parties, everyone insists, but I still have to brush my hair AND teeth and put a real bra on instead of the sports one I have been wearing for 4 days). NEXT week, it would suck to be sick, as I have to drive 1,108 miles to Houston, be all smiley and joyful and pleasant with my family, then drive back. I am SO grateful for many things, my friends, my job, my purple car, and right now I am just over the moon that over the counter Nyquil can STILL knock me out almost as solidly as a Vicidin! Unfortunately, I can't take it right now, due to the aforementioned pile 'o crap I need to finish....oh, and I have to go to a dinner meeting tonight.
How come the holidays have to coincide with the busiest, most frustrating time of the year for me? I love my job I love my job I love my job, oh and as for grateful, I am SO grateful I don't have a boyfriend I have to be nice to right now! Present? you want a damn present, you bastard How about I bury you in paper and set you, and it, on fire. Who needs a tree, I got all the bright lights I need. I admit that getting laid might be the panacea I need, but you know how hard it is to breathe when you are face down in a pillow, and given my current snot situation, I guess it is just as well....better luck next year...
6 comments:
I was going to say, "Don't stress...just breathe."
But you can't.
Get better soon!
thanks for that nice slice of lemon and the dash of salt in the papercut that is my nose!! ;-)
SSP,
I sorry that your sick!! Virus, not good!! You have lots of stuff going on! Perhaps a good brandy, warmed up would knock that sucker out of your body!! I don't know, but try it!! I would join you, but virtual drinking is not fun!!!
Getting laid, now there's a novel idea!!! What is that again???
So, i wanted to thank you so much girlie for your nice comment on my last post!! It makes me feel special and loved. And thats a good thing!!!
I am going to read you faithfully cause your cool!!!
Take care of yourself OK??? Oh and when you come to NYC, we must meet up! I want to OK?? I'm kinda fun, so i've been told!!
Thank you woman!!!
Ooooh... I'm sorry. If it helps, I'm still coughing up organs and foreign objects (don't ask... it's not pretty). I really do hope you feel better soon. 'Til then, it's nice to have company. Oh, did I say that out loud? Oops.
MJ - Tnice idea about the brandy but all i have is beer...warm beer??? you are welcome re: comment on your blog - you are deeeeeeeep...and off blog i will send you my contact info for while I am in the city once i have my exact schedule. I will be in manhattan mostlu but know the trains very well
diane - can't wait for something to come out...right now, it is all draining IN...YUCK!!! where does snot come from anyway???
Post a Comment