I wrote about Christmas at my grannies and Michelle J asked about the coke salad. No, that is not missing a comma...it is a real, perhaps, Southern, delicacy, shared with friends and relatives at holidays, funerals, weddings and on the 4th of July....just cuz it is red, doesn't mean it only belongs to Christmas!! This recipe comes from auntie C, who doctored in the lowered carb version
1 can of cherries in water
1 c sugar (but she usually uses less)
6 oz of diet coke
1 c chopped pecans
2 packages of sugar free cherry jello
1 c boiling water
Combine cherries, sugar, boil. strain the liquid into the jello, add the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add coke. The recipe says let it cool and start to set, but Aunt C just adds the cherries and pecans in immediately. Chill and serve. You can put a dollop of whipped cream on top
You can also use real coke, real jello and all the sugar, but why?
2 comments:
I think you need to make that and bring it to my house.
Okay?
Okay??
will do :-) the one thing i am looking forward to about driving to Houston is someone is BOUND to make this...and if not, I will have a receptive audience and I can make it
Post a Comment