well, not yet, but soon.....I have missed writing here...I think I am mainly just pissed about my camera...but I have plenty of posts without photos, so that is just a real cop out, and my life is much more fascinating and riveting than any little photo could reveal...I guess, unless Ryan at Pacing the Panic Room was taking them...THEN i might need to "step up" my life to equal the vitality he brings to his photography...
So much has been happening lately...work is a mere side note, I am sad to say. I have been working out and walking just to be outside...Spring is the best time here, and already we are expecting 100 degrees this week.....and it will be like this until October, so I need to cram my canyon walks in now...and earlier and earlier...we went at 730 on Sunday and by 815, it was just too hot to go any more (though we still had to walk BACK).
I also went on a date, sorta....Met a guy on line, yada yada, exchanged emails and phone calls a while and then I just forgot to write him back one time and next thing I know a month has gone by. He wrote me last week and asked what happened, and I truly did forget and so we planned to just get it over with and met on Friday...he was cute and nice and funny...not overly employed in the sense that I was not sure he HAD steady income, and he had three cats, which as you may recall, can be a deal breaker. He seemed interested in seeing me again, but I haven't really heard from him, so I guess I can take that off the list..
Anyway, I do digress from the title...I am going to House sit in KONA, HI in June. Three weeks in Hawaii. I better get a new camera for this, huh?? I am so excited. The flight was not too bad, but it is the rental car that is gonna kill me. This house is 4 miles up hill from the nearest grocery store, and even more from the beach, so a car will be necessary, I suppose.....sigh...Oh well.
So, any tips for Kona?? anyone want to come with me? free place to stay in exchange from some significant help with the car rental..
7 comments:
I'd like to go, can I bring my taxi with me ??? Wish I didn't have to work, always wanted to see Hawaii. I hope you have a "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" time , at least you'll laugh your ass of. Also, look into a moped, or a scooter instead of a car, my cousin did that when he was there. Have a blast , AND take pics , we want to seee them, be safe !! HONK HONK from Times Square for ya !
I love Kona....
Huggo's for the ONO.. yummy yummy.. little place on the ocean side south of downtown..
Kahaluu Beach Park for easy snorkling.. beautiful..sea turtles the whole nine yards the beach itself isn't much but the snorkling is amazing.. hotel right nextdoor too so you can walk over for pina colada or mai thai.. this is about 5-6 miles south from town
highly recomend the zodiak capt. something or other, snorkling trip too.. they take you to where Capt. Cook got run down and beat to death by the natives.. Capt Cook Monument.. it leaves right from the pier
white sands beach
black sands beach
there is a open air farmers market right on that same strip.. it is on the inland side.. great produce..
if you make the trip over to hilo.. stop in Waimea.. its like halfway.. Merrriman's might be the best place to eat on any of the islands.. the owner/chef has been James Beard finalist a bunch of times and with the fresh fish and produce he has to work with UNBEIEVABLE MEAL to be had..
Hilo is where the helicopter tours go from.. if you do that I recomend the feel the heat experience no doors.. LOL little scary but hey..
oh there is a dive 50s dinner on the way too.. tiny place on the inland side halfway between Waimea and Hilo.. umm will ask my kid when she comes home can't remember the name but unique place to stop for lunch on way back or there..
you also have the horseback riding down into the canyons by the waterfalls, the Parisaling, company named UFO has the best rates and its always fun..
oh i could go on forever.. I love KONA.. anyway sure I will think of other things.. they have a costco now so the prices have come down.. sounds like your up off the road that comes in from the Airport, yes? should have e-mailed you.. what am i doing.. still not recovered from the time change.. yikes.
Umm... been to Kaui but not the big island. It will be great, purtroppo I'm stuck in the financial world at work trying to save what little money there is left.
HAVE A KICK ASS AWESOME TIME!!!
I am jealous missy!!!
Love ya and miss ya!!!
Kona is cool. It's all black lava and looks like the moon. Especially The Four Seasons. I think, or was it The Ritz Carlton? I can't remember.
I think you have to go to the volcano. Give me your email address and I'll send you pics.
I'll go. As an event planner I have hook ups. I never found my contract negotiation check list. groan.
I would walk that Hill all day if it meant a place on Kona to sit and say Goodnight to the Sun every night.
have a Great time.
@king - thanks! that movie was hilarious..what happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii...and on my blog
@Jim - public thanks...It is a good thing i have 3 weeks, huh? i will definetely get to Hilo
@Eric - oy....hang in there!
@MJ - you too, girl - hey I will be in NYC in August!??
@Charmaine - mmmmblack sand. I plan to check them all out. I will send you my email separately - would LOVE to see photos!!
@clll - i know, i know, i should stop my griping huh?? but I am sucking it up and getting a car...so I will definitely say good night, and possibly good morning, to the sun every day!!
Post a Comment