26 April 2009

Sunday musings

So if you could be anywhere right now, where would you be...money is not an issue, nor is child care or a place to stay or how much it costs to get to the airport?

Me, I would be sitting on a rock on top of a mountain somewhere. I have so much to do, and so much is DUE, and I am behind with work and rehearsal and another audition was yesterday and what the HELL do I do with all this paper I just made and I am moving in 6 weeks, and yet, I would like to go sit on a rock. Just be alone and feel the sun on my face and the wind at my back. It has been a while since I felt that peace....

I took all of these photos, of my self in places I have really loved to be. The first is on the rim on the Canyon in Canyonlands, UT, overlooking the
Green River. A few minutes later I found a desolate rock overhang, where I just sat for an hour and listened to.....NOTHING...not a sound other than insects and wind. It was breathtaking. The second photo is me near Dillon Colorado - in fact, I think that might be Lake Dillon in the back. And this last one is me at the base of the Marroon Bells, near Aspen, CO after about a 2 hour hike from where the bus drops you off. I sure love my camera that was STOLEN, that could take pictures without me holding it...I sure wish I had it back..... The last one, my aunt took of me at the Grand Canyon last summer...very nice thinking place.

and so, where would you be??

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Dude I want to sit on the rock right next to you!!

Don't worry, we don't have to talk!!!

cIII said...

Flyfishing in New Zealand. Thru Hiking the AT. Kayaking thru the Glades........

At the park with the whole fam damily.

Either one of those things would be the Bees Knees.

Eric said...

In a rooftop garden terrace of an apartment in San Marco, Venice Italy, overlooking the church of the Salute, drinking chilled white wine and painting. But other than that, nothing too specific.

JIMSIGHT said...

Sono lì ora. L'attesa, desidero che dormivo ma ho avuto la maniera a molto espresso durante la conversazione di sera col mio Giacamo di amico

Charmaine said...

You can come visit me anytime. I have rocks overlooking the ocean. The waves crash against them and it's good scary fun.

I never found that damn contract negotiation check list. I hope I didn't lose it.

Irish Gumbo said...

Hey Miss Smarty Pants:

Right now, I have a place I want to be, but I can't tell you where that is (yet); it's a secret :)

That said, thank you so much for your comment on my "Running Through Life" post. I am touched and flattered that you think that highly of my work.

I know I have been almost non-existent of late, dealing with some rough personal stuff and life changes, but I really do appreciate you checking in on me.

From my heart, thank you.

Peace,
IG

King of New York Hacks said...

I would like to be in the oval office as King of the country...or Mars...is there much of a difference though ? LOL

SSP said...

@MJ: come on - there is plenty of room

@clll - those all sound REALLY cool! where is AT

@Eric...that sounds lovely, but I might modify it to a terrace overlooking the Med in Cap D'Ail France with a nice red :-)

@Jim: you are waiting for your friends and you didn't sleep cuz you and James had a lot to talk about?? Did I get that translation close?

@Charmaine - watch what you say...i might come. No worries for me on the contract. I am still waiting on signing them, but i do hope you didn't lose it!

@IG...thanks for visiting from your secret place....I hope it is all you hope, and need, and I look forward to hearing about it...So sorry for the rough patch....seems like all my blogging buddies are going through something, which doesn't make your suffering any easier...I am sure

@ King - DUDE, would vote for you I think. I am not completely disillusioned yet, but I can feel the slippage.....

JIMSIGHT said...

Made it and I am fried.. quite the trip without a break in NY or London..

um the translation was I wish I was asleep but i had way to much espresso with Giacamo and boy he would flip if you called him James.. these folks don't dig you translating thier names.. I called "Pietro" Peter once and got a half hour lecture on American's trying to make everything american.. LOL..

at any rate, was really nice to give my daughter a hug and we have her 20th b-day to celebrate so we are off to Santa Barbara on Thursday.. I think I might sleep til then..