So HERE is a partial list of things I am currently working on.
1) I work relatively full time. Granted, I do it from home, most days in my pajamas, but it is still a very demanding job - Not only am I doing a 40 page statistical report, I am also trying to negotiate hotel contracts for 2 years in four separate cities... but membership MAY be voting to delete one of the cities, but I can't tell the city that, and the wheeling and dealing has gotten a lot more cut throat, thanks to the economy - everyone wants my business, and they are clawing at each other to get me to sign, and and dude, all I need is an upgrade to the executive floor and meeting planner points....
2) I am organizing an event for 40+ kids, their parents, siblings and friends at the Design/Build/Fly competition being held here in the Old Pueblo in 2 weeks...no, less than 2 weeks. There is no pay for this, just glory. I have been organizing this year long kids programming for 4 years and while it keeps winning national prizes, I can't seem to get ANYONE else to want to take it on!!!
3) I am in rehearsal for a play that has its first staged presentation NEXT thursday...I am directing it AND in it, since I couldn't get enough actors (even though I am paying a King's Ransom [comparatively] for this thing) I have to finish mixing the sound cues and put them on a CD...oh, and I need to find a sound engineer.... and Where is that box of props I used for this show last time...
I hope I don't have to rebuild them ALL....4) I need to get my brother's daughter's Easter gift in the mail...cute huh? and I even have a box for it - let's see if I can get to the Post Office tomorrow....it is already too late for ground fed ex. And I need to order something for my sister's kids - I am thinking Popcorn Factory?
5) I need to get tickets to MI to go see my nephew graduate...tickets have gone from $198 to just OVER $400 in the month I have been dicking around on this
6) I need to register for a conference in NYC in August before the early bird deadline passes, but first I need to line up 6 panelists to sit up there with me...and no one has bothered to email me back!
7) I need to get the license and pay the royalties on that play still...It is just a matter of printing the document, finding the check book, writing the check, finding an envelope AND a stamp and MAILING IT! Maybe when I go to do the box?
8) Son of a bitch..speaking of checks, I need to do my taxes...they are actually ABD (all but done) - I just need to see if I made a qualifying donation last year, but that means I have to dig through my BOX of bank/tax stuff to find last year's return
10) Speaking of boxes, it looks like I will be moving to a friend's townhome in June and before I let people in my house to MOVE me, I need to CLEAN THIS PLACE UP and get rid of some stuff. I have started a pile by my door of stuff that is TOO good to throw away. I am hoping my apartment complex will organize a garage sale, or maybe I will sell stuff on Craig's List? What I OUGHT to do is just take it to the dumpster.....but really there is some good shit in there!!
10) Commitments THIS week, cuz I find it impossible to say no to ANYONE...Lunch with H new baby E tomorrow, coffee date with my old neighbor, conference call regarding another conference
I am organizing, AND a Dinner meeting with the rocket scientists on Wed, "something" on Thursday, a walk in the canyon with Big G Friday....Here is a picture from our walk up on Mt. Lemmon last weekend - pretty amazing that THIS is
1/2 an hour away from THIS.11) I have decided I need to challenge my brain more, as crochet and Sudoku are too easy for me. So I bought knitting needles and I am gonna teach myself how to do it....left handed.....
12) There were able 14 other things that ARE in fact on this list, but I can't remember what they are, and I am already at just over 45 minutes so they will have to wait til the next post......can I just add, that I HAVE been to the gym 4 times this week, and my average mile speed has dropped from just over 13 minutes to just under 12...
So, if you need me to do something, obviously, all you have to do is ask and I will do it. For New Years and Lent, some people vow to stay on diets or not eat chocolate, and be nice to stupid people or whatever....every year, mine is the same...I VOW not to commit myself to things, to take on more projects and NOT go to lunch or coffee and yet in the words of Ado Annie, I'm just a girl who cain't say No!!
4 comments:
Wow you have a lot on your plate!! Or should I say plates!!!
HAPPY DAY TO YOU GIRLIE!!!
I miss you blogger lady!!
Glad you're back! But damn, girl, don't do a post like this again. You just made me feel lazier than normal (and that's saying something). Slow down! Breathe! :)
MJ, it isn't even plates anymore, they are serving platters, and yes, there are many of them....
Diane, thanks for the welcome back. To tell you the truth, seeing it all in black and white, or black and lavender as the case may be, makes me feel all woozy and sick...
who am i again??? cant remember something like sssp from mi. Well i think lil girls, shawl is wonderful
Post a Comment