02 December 2008

Giving Thanks

Holidays are always a bitter sweet thing when you are around me. I love ya to death, dammit, but go away you drive me friggin' nuts, ya know what I mean? Last year, I spent 50K in frequent flyer points so I could fly on the days and times I wanted. The flight out was crowded and stinky, and the flight back was late...so late in fact, that I had to over night in Houston - fortunately not only do I have family there, but my best friend lives 15 minutes from the airport and she drove out to get me (Continental was not putting me and the other stranded passengers up!). So, this year, i vowed to get my ticket cheaper and earlier so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Back in April I booked a 25K award on Northwest, for a Saturday to Saturday trip, good travel days for me and the crowds are less...the only problem was I booked it for the week BEFORE thanksgiving...and didn't realize it the 14th when United sent me a YOU MAY CHECK IN NOW email. WTF? I thought, and then ding, I realized what I did....So...I had to spend another 50K points for a NEW ticket on United, plus a $75 late fee, PLUS $50 to redeposit my NW frequent flyer miles....sign..ok...no big deal...it is for family. And here they are...

So, here is my mom with my sister's kids:











my broth
er's 15 month old:










my 15 year old niece...DRIVING!! DON'T LOOK AT THE CAMERA - Keep your eyes on the road!!:











My brother and his baby girl:












Where all babies belong until they are 21!










My nephew is HOT, on FIRE, so to speak:









His sisters are also pretty cool kids:









The whole time we were in Evansville, my sister in law never had to change a diaper or hold a cranky baby...so she turned to her first child, Zeus...he is an awesome little boy and no mother could hope for a better son...

5 comments:

Charmaine said...

OMG. That was freaking hilarious. Great post. Love the baby in the cage. ha ha

JIMSIGHT said...

Hey that is the same kennel that Santi sleeps in. Your family looks lovely, as was to be expected. I have 350k in rewards points on my amex...any suggestions.

adventure grrl said...

Now that I see that babies can be kept in cages, I am more open to having one. (So kidding... okay, maybe not :)

adventure grrl said...

OMG, can you tell me the name of that vacuum for $50??? I got so excited when I read that comment - I really need a new one :)

Michelle said...

Lovely photos of family!

Thats what its all about right???