I love me some puppy. I really do adore dogs...they are sweet and fun and silly and smart and such good companions and love you no matter what crazy thing you do. I come from dog "people" - everyone in my family has a dog, or dogS...there is currently Willie and Dippy and Zeus and Jazmine and Mylo and Jasper and Kricket and Sugar and L'il Bit and BoochyCoo, and until 2 weeks ago, there was Dottie...and of course there was dear little Chica. Growing up, there was Angel and John (my sister named that one....) and Blue and Leroy and Dolly and Pucci (pronounced "poochy") and Nugget and Bear and poor stupid Odie. And not one single person has a cat!!!!
What I can't fucking stand, pardon my french, is BARKING dogs. I moved from my last apartment complex cuz the neighbors let their dogs out on their patio and then they barked ALL the time - every morning I was awakened by the lovely sound of a baying HOUND who had been locked up in his crate for the day...at 5:45am. So, I moved up here to the foothills and have often commented how QUIET it is....how I just LOVE hearing the coyotes and listening to the birds in the morning. Well, it is 11:20pm for Christ's sake and the neighbor's dog has been barking for an hour!! And once he got started, the dog next door to him kicked in, and then the next one, and now there is this chorus of howls and moans and barks and yelps to wake the dead. Alto barks and tenor barks and the low rumbling bay of something large and furry. And when the fire trucks or cops go by off in the distance, the dogs whine in harmony!!!
WTF!? Do these people just put their dog outside and NOT hear them? I am over 100 feet away and I can hear them. This is wrong on SO many levels. What is WRONG with these people??? And it isn't an apartment complex - there is no office to call and complain to - it is a townhouse community. If I walk over there with a pellet gun, would anyone notice??
I actually am considering getting a dog...Mainly just to leave him outside to bark all night, but I have no one to take care of him when I go on the national tour. Wahhh...so much for my own unconditional love. Guess I will have to keep looking for it on line.
oh wait...there is a lull! It is quiet...maybe I will go try to sleep again?? Crap...they are back. That is what I get for doing spell check...
2 comments:
Barking dogs are annoying as hell. You should look into your city bylaws since sometimes you can lodge noise complaints under environmental pollution which is way more effective that just a noise complaint.
Believe me, I have...I even have the ordinance that is a violation of. I have called the sherrif, county animal control, the city, the police...and unless i have the exact address, they won't do anything...and it is a gated community so I can't get in!!! i was gonna go stake out the gate tonight, and sneak in when a car drove in, but....I didn't......
Post a Comment