No, this is not a post about Kiddie Porn!! I was so tickled on Monday night when I went back to Old Airport Beach. A young couple, obviously kami'iana (local) based on dress, skin tone and attitude, had their little keiki (kid) out on the beach enjoying the soft evening before sunset. They were playing in the sand and before you knew it, the little boy, maybe 18 months old, had shucked off his own clothes and dashed into the tide pool...I have never seen a child
I didn't feel as bad taking photos this cute puppy...he was having as much fun as the Keiki...he kept digging holes
As the sun began its final descent, the tenor on the beach changed. The kids stopped screaming and everyone kinda faced West. A guy with a guitar was serenading the end of the day, and as the sun touched the hills in the distance, he put his arms out and just stood there in admiration...It was beautiful, and
Then I went home - man it is DARK up there - should have left a light on. When I finally got a lamp on, I was greeted by this monster....he is actually a little less than an inch, but gawd, he is ugly and He has set up permanent residence in the lamp by the counch....bleah....Come on geckos = quit singing and start eating!!
Yesterday was King Kamehameha Day, June 11. It is a public holiday here and I watched a ceremony down by the Pier...photos to come. The link goes to another blog with a lot of good information on it :-) Mahalo Bugs and Bunnies!
It is pouring down rain......how funny how you change in your life. As a kid I liked nothing better than playing in the rain, then in my teens and 20s, I hated getting wet...i still loathe driving in it, but after 7 years in the desert, I have really grown to appreciate this sound...this smell...wish I could photograph the smell for you..
Aloha
8 comments:
other than the mosquito thing sounds like your catching the Kona vibe...yay for you.... can't wait to hear what you thing when you head for Hilo and see all the waterfalls and such.. love the daily rain.. just love it..
mahalo
gonna head over there on monday - figure the north route, waimea, the water falls, then back the same way. later in the week make an over night to the south, south point, volcano, find a place to spend the night more volcano..other than that i plab to continue the total relaxation....how are you????
Followed you over here from Charm's place...
If you make it to Maui, try to catch Kanekoa if they're playing some weekend. They're quite good I think. Hit the Tube and search them out to get a feel for their sound.
How fun. I used to do events there and we would re-create King what's his name day, use his palace which was not too swinging after falling into disrepair.
I like the Big Island. Just cuz it's so weird and not as commercial as the others.
I feel you on the rain. I always said you know you're a grown-up when you're not overjoyed to wake up to snow.
that restuarnt I told you about is just off the route in wamiea.. its pricey but best food on the Island for sure.. just have a salad those local grown tomatoes are to freaking die for.. throw in some sweet onions.. mmmmmmmm
I am good.. thank you.. not vacationing in hawaii good but good..
Oh and there is a killer shave ice place in hilo.. kawate seed shop locals swear by it and for good reason.. you gotta try it for sure and try some of the crack seed..
Really good writing. Followed over here from Janie's. "Aloha" back and jonesing the sunset!!
@LL - not this trip, but thanks for the tip - maybe next time. thanks for stopping by :-)
@Charmaine - i can SEE you here. You fit in here well. Wish you'd been here for this year's festivities
@RB> ain't it the truth, and how sad for us grownups!!
@Jim: made it to huggos on my last night, but not Hilo and I missed crack seed - a mistake I am sure, but could never seem to track it down!....as I told LL...next time
@Stu: aloha and thanks!!
Post a Comment