To continue the tale, on Sunday, after I left Hapuna Beach, I headed north, through Hawi and Kapa'au, and went all the way around to the end of the road at Pololu Valley. What a difference in climate! In Kona, it is dry-ish and brown and lots of lava fields, but man, you get to the North tip and all of a sudden you are in rain forest! The ferns and flowers and trees! It turned very misty, and over-cast and then it was spitting a little rain by the time I got to the end of the road.
O
Monday morning, I was greeted at the door
That day, I went to the Old Airport Beach, which is, (do I really need to say it), at the Old Airport. It was deserted! I had only been there 10 minutes when a gorgeous tan young man asked me to put sun screen on his back...Now, I KNOW he was probably just checking to see if I had a camera or any expensive stuff worth stealing, or maybe he just likes old, pale, fat mainlanders,
I took my car back to the airport in the late afternoon (has a $10 a day weekend rate, that I couldn't quite get them to extend for the rest of the trip), and got a cute little red car - an aveo I think. I went back to the same beach and watched the sun set....and those photos have not yet been uploaded...so I will end for now....
I have to write about the guy with the guitar at sun set, and the naked baby :-)
Aloha!
8 comments:
aloha..
sounds like your finding things just fine.. did you rent snorkling gear downtown for the week..find the little tiny church...or the farmers market..
I dont ever remember a mosquito problem.. but then dont think was ever there in early june either..
I love the geckos they love to sit on the lanai and have papaya with you..
have more fun and keep relaxing
there is snorkel gear at the house i am staying, as well as beach chairs and umbrellas and mats and all manner of necessities...aloe vera gel, mosquito repellent :-) I DID find the little blue church, and the farmer's market :-)
I am jealous of where you are right now!!!
Hey girlie, can you remove me from your reader then re add me?? That may work?
i tried that....MJ...i will try again as you are way down at the bottom as if you had't been posting! I was wondering where you were
Key West and Hawaii.
Two of the best places on earth.
Our first trip with the kids we're going back to Hawaii (don't care which island). Screw Disneyland.
i lived in ft lauderdale for years and never made it all the way down to Key West...I'd stop for that daiquiri in Islamorada and never make it back to the car...and capt, do it!!! probably not any more expensive than that mouse kingdom and much better memories and food!!
Post a Comment