Green Sand
Yes, I went to the green sand beach at South Point today...but before I tell you more, or show you the photos, I have to catch up on the rest of this week...
Last Friday, I spent all day on line. I had a huge report due for a group I belong to, and so I stayed in my jammies and worked..Yes, I know I am on vacation, but some things can't be helped, and to tell the truth, I needed a break from the sun. As you can see, my tootsies took quite a beating when I first arrived
Saturday, I got up early to go see the King Kamahemaha Day parade. I parked by Buns in the Sun, and had a lovely cream cheese topped cinnamon roll as I waited for the parade to begin. I had high expectations, but sadly, it was not that interesting. It was mostly the horse clubs, each island had their own color, and an old car, and a couple of "floats." I sat there 'til the end cuz I felt I ought to, and then
I headed to Wawaloli Beach by the Energy Labs for the rest of the day. Not much swimming access as the waves REALLY pound the shore here but it was a nice place to tan and watch the tide pools fill and empty. The airplanes took off right over head, which was a bit disconcerting. On the way home, I stopped at the recycling center and turned in the cans and bottles I had collected, and got $2.47!! wah hooo...a few more scavenges in the garbage cans and I can pay for this trip!!
Sunday, I drove down to Kahalu'u Beach and went snorkeling. There were way too many people down there, but the fish were incredible. WIsh I knew what they were, but there were big and little black and yellow flat fish, and less flat pastel rainbow colored fish, and in addition to the tourists, of which there were quite a few, there was a fair number of surfer dudes and dudettes. Apparently the surfing was great, as there is a fab swell...you wouldn't catch me dead on one of those things, but I WOULD kill for one of those bodies....I mean, I wish i had a surfer girl body...never mind. you get the point.
After I was sufficiently bronzed, I went back up to Ali'i Drive, which was closed to traffic so they could hold this giant craft fair. It was pitifully attended, and you could tell everyone wanted to sell their stuff...giving away jewelry and pictures and crafts. I will have some links to some of the cool people I talked to soon...While I was down there, they held a little outdoor concert at Hulihee Palace. The orchestra and little choir were pretty mediocre, but it was sweet. In the middle, a big ole Hawaiian came out with his drum and then came 6 little girls - simply gorgeous little angels! they did a little dance, and then passed out a few leis...It was all local folk, all just hanging out on the sea front, sitting in the grass. Some people who didn't know better got drenched by the surf pounding over the sea wall...Fortunately I saw it happen and made sure to sit somewhere safe.
So here is a photo of Green Sands...as you can see my feet are MUCH better....but the rest of the week needs to be chronicled still....
3 comments:
I wanna see the red sand beach!
AWESOME!
Yeah, I never found the red sand beach, but I had the red BACK (and the red feet, and oh my god, the red chest)....
Post a Comment