01 September 2008

labor day

I took the idea of labor day, and a day off from work, to heart this weekend. This is the first time I have opened the laptop since Friday and I tell ya what, it has been nice. I am actually supposed to still be in Monterey, having fun, I guess. Friday evening the hotel had trouble with the fire alarms - they kept going off and they were loud so I took my book and wandered around the property for a while, hoping I would run into, well, you know who...but I didn't. So I went to the sports bar to read and watch the Broncos cream someone.....and had some chicken fingers....wandered by the business center thinking, maybe he might be down there...nahh...so I fell asleep with the TV on. My room faces the golf course, so I was woken at 730 by the lawn guys and the lawn mowers! I complained around 8 and it stopped shortly thereafter, and as I started to drift back into slumber, the fire alarm went off....sonovabitch...the security guys were banging on my door to get out and I just turned the TV up and said GO AWAY!!!

I was going to walk into Monterey and sit on the beach, but as I was getting in the shower the alarm went off again....and then again, and I was just feeling aggravated and frustrated and lonely and mad, so I called Express Jet...they could get me out that day for only $35...the hotel wasn't going to charge me (in fact 0ffered to comp my stay but I wanted the points and besides K was paying so screw it!) , and so I left. Yep. I canceled my rent car and my visit down to Esalen, which killed me, but I had to go. I cut bait, I ran, I gave up, I wimped out, I just was SICK of being there, and just needed to get the hell out. After the busy crush of all week, it was just really painful to be alone...I knew I wasn't going to have K to play with all weekend like last year...though I actually DIDN'T know that when I had planned to stay all weekend...He was staying til Sunday, I knew,and I thought we could at least hang out and have fun like we did last year, but with no G....but no. He had plans...with whattzerface.

Crap. He has not called, or emailed or anything - and that is really unusual. i sure hope he is happy. I got my digital converter box and my friend Matt hooked it up for me, as my brain was not in tech gear, so now I have 5 PBS stations - wahh hooooo! HAPPY LABOR DAY!

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Whats her name may have identified you as a threat.

Bide your time my friend. Ultimately,,,they all return at some point.

SSP said...

I AM a threat - that is the problem...but only SHE knows it...and the other girl he broke up with last summer.....he gets along with me, has fun with me, has (gasp) conversations with me....he just doesn't see me the way they do...what is funny is at dinner, C said, "you guys should be together." and someone asked K if he was married to the conference coordinator...and some one else asked me if we were "together." It is all really really fricking DAMN funny < gritting teeth > isn't it

Charmaine said...

Thoughts of "The Mirror has Two Faces" springs to mind.

Ever see that film? I can't help it, I'm madly in love with Jeff Bridges. Barbara Streisand is another matter. Did you know that I dated her current husband.

Barbara Streisand stole my man. Ah but I jest. I didn't really date James Brolin. (Not his real last name by the way) He just hung out at my house. I had Christmas dinner with his folks and...they were quite a crazy bunch.