21 September 2008

nice weekend

so I actually had a nice weekend and thought I would do what everyone else does....share it with the world....Friday, I went out to a late lunch with Maren. She is getting married in a month and is possibly the most laid back bride-to-be I have ever met - very casual and relaxed about the whole thing. Her fiance is the nicest guy, and also fairly laid back...it is truly a match made in heaven. I have a new favorite salad...it is spinach, with either feta, goat or white cheese, some random fruit, like blueberries, strawberries, maybe some apples or pears. Then add a handful of walnuts or almonds, then a light drizzle of poppyseed dressing...yummm..both the Eclectic Cafe and Zona 78 are after my votes right now for the best summer salad.

After dinner, I put my sneakers on and did 3 laps at Udall Park - a little more than 2 miles. :-)

Saturday, I had a great step class, then a couple miles on the treadmill - then a short nap. I headed way up north to meet up with Gloria. K was SUPPOSED to meet us for dinner and a movie, but he wimped out. I don't blame him- the last time he joined me and Gloria was new years eve (photo at right with Gloria, me, K and Stace - who i think liked K, but he didn't feel the same about her aooarently). I ended up getting so drunk, I passed out on his couch (after puking all over his bathroom).

Anyway, since we were boyless, Gloria and I saw the Women, which sucked for as talented as a cast as it had....then we ate at Old Pueblo Grill which wins, hands down, with their green chili macaroni and cheese....mama mia...i felt like CRAP i was so full. So then, back to Gloria's - her son was at a slumber party so we drank a bottle of wine and watched Prime, which is actually pretty good, and Meryl Streep is hilarious - rent it! I crashed on her couch. We got up around 8 and she COOKED breakfast, then we went for a 3 mile stroll...it was 95 degrees out there...bleah...can't believe autumn begins tomorrow....

This afternoon, I went to a complete stranger's house and we all made phone calls for Move On. org to get people in Colorado organized for the upcoming election...CO is a swing state, apparently, and moveon.org is having a big rally to get folks registered etc. So I did my part, and met some awesome people - surprisingly, I was the youngest person there - most everyone was in the 50s and 60s...i thought that older guard was all a bunch of staunch republicans - glad to see they aren't..... So yeah, a nice weekend!

What did YOU do?

3 comments:

JIMSIGHT said...

Not the 50-60 = Old Guard...LOL.

Dear lord please forgive SF for thinking that eveyone raised in the 60s has given up on our Country in lieu of carrots disguised of tax breaks.

Green Chile Mac and Cheese...NICE

Briana said...

I knew we were kindred spirits! I RECEIVED a phone call from Moveon.org, (I wonder if it was you), asking me to volunteer for Obama given that Colorado is a battleground state. As any good totally freaked-out Democrat would, I agreed. Meeting - Thursday evening - 5:30 - Obama Headquarters - Golden. Be there - or be guilt-ridden for the rest of your life when McCain wins and our children and country are screwed.

SSP said...

there were over 1,000 parties all over the country and they made hundreds of thousands of calls! we were apparently calling the swing states, ie colorado and new mexico - i didnt have you on my list, but all my other calls were denver - i felt horrible- we were calling in the middle of a broncos game. I think they were split up by geographical location, cuz all my calls told people to go to the obama headquarters on colorado blvd, between 25 and Mississippi.. - must be all over town, and they split them up by telephone exchange...pretty smart! there is another one on saturday - they should call or email you to reconfirm. it was actually FUN doing something instead of just griping about it and forwarding stupid emails! I am gonna do somre more calling tomorrow - everyone i talked to yesterday as very enthused and said yes!