Every year about 15,000 people are diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, mostly kids. A few years after Santa groped me in the photo below, I was one of those kids. Type 1 Diabetes is an immune disorder that cannot be prevented and there is no cure...YET. The JDRF needs support - and not just our good wishes and warm thoughts. They need cold hard cash. Again with the begging, you say. Every year, I harass and harangue you to donate hard earned dollars. Gas and food costs are soaring, the economy is tanking, the sky is dissolving, the Russians are invading and yet...

I still have hope.
One day, people like me won't have to poke holes in our skin just to survive. One night, we will crawl into bed without worrying we might not wake up again. We won't have to worry about blindness, amputation, dialysis, and those are just the things I can spell!
If you have a few minutes, go see these short videos. Then, please come back and sponsor my fight to find a cure for this disease.
This one is poignant: http://www.youtube.com/cooper3678
This one is funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDATgiMwRNA&feature=related
If you have kids, you may know the Jonas Brothers - this is Nick's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDFAUvGzvHM&feature=related
Forward the videos to your friends! You tell two friends, and they will tell two friends, and so on and so on, and so on....and maybe someday the war will be over...and I am not just talking about Iraq here...
Thank you to my friends and family who have so generously supported me in the past, but I can't let you off the hook yet. I hate to ask when you have all been so good to my cause in the past, but until there is a cure, I plan to be a pest. Feel free to ignore...I will get you next year...Maybe instead of donating, you might consider forwarding this to someone on your email list?
My goal is $1,500. Just click HERE to go to the secure JDRF page and make a donation. Or ask me for my mailing address is you want to send a check. Please pass it on and put it on your blogs!
JDRF is ranked near the top in terms of philanthropic organizations - Almost 90% if every dollar raised goes directly to research, as opposed to some organizations that spend most of the money raised on administration and advertising....AND it is tax deductible for many people.
Thank you for your friendship, love and support - you all mean so much to me. You give my REAL life REAL meaning!
No comments:
Post a Comment