I look forward to my annual unemployment, not with trepidation or fear, like some might face an entire month without a paycheck. I even asked for this month off! So I work an 11 month contract. No, I am not independently wealthy, I don't have a sugar daddy and I don't have alot of money saved up for some lavish vacation. I live one of them simple lives you hear about. My car is 15 years old, I rent rather than own, I don't care for designer clothing, I don't drink much and don't smoke at all. Most importantly, I have no children or pets to feed and clothe and educate and entertain, and I certainly don't have a spouse to tell me what to spend money on, and more importantly, how to spend my free time. SO, yes, I am alone and even lonely sometimes, but the ultimate point is, I have no one telling me what to do or how to live my life.
I look forward to this month, like a child looks forward to Christmas morning. It is the ichor flowing in my veins that keeps me going the other 11 months of the year.....I work my ass off for other people, for low pay; and my reward is an entire month of
This year, there is no Hawaii, as JP passed away. I decided not to go to France for the month, since my foot has been bothering me.
And I got a call yesterday from my aunt saying she can't come. Granted, the circumstances are completely beyond her control and I hope and pray that she will be OK - of course that is my number 1 concern........but there is still this teeny tiny piece of me that is SO incredibly disappointed and sad. I have been yearning for the peace and quiet and abstusity that I find there.
I spent all day yesterday moping around (which means, my actual last day of work will now have to be Tuesday, since I didn't get everything done that I had promised my boss). I actually slept 10 hours last night (even though the sun pours into my through the skylight beginning at 530am), and feel somewhat better.
Maybe I will go anyway...and then continue my loop up into Utah...have tent, will travel. I got a flashlight AND batteries...and even a propane stove and an air mattress! Maybe my moping was just a momentary detour....but whatever it was, it, and the 10 hours of sleep helped me feel better. Yeah, I know, everyone has their problems, and most are much worse than the minor little whiney baby stuff that makes me sad, but I don't share EVERYTHING that is going on for obvious reasons, and there are other significant forces at work. And no, I would not like to trade you. But if you have a sleeping bag, and some good binoculars, and you like star gazing, there is room in the tent next week, if you want it...
2 comments:
Sounds great! Where exactly is it? I can rent a car with GPS...and bring my binoculars :)
Sending some good vibes your way. The flag is up!
site 82, Mather Camp Ground :-) come on by, I even got marshmallows!! thanks for the vibes and everything IG
Post a Comment