Beige
On the census (which I already filled in and sent back), it asks for your ethnic group. I am caucasian, not a drop of anything ethnic, and perhaps the color of my skin quantifies me as "white." However, I really don't feel so white, so processed sugar and flour, so plain... on the inside...usually I feel a little cinnamon, a dash of vanilla, a shake of red pepper and a handful of jalapenos...with some pineapple juice and strawberries sprinkled in.
Why don't they ask for the ethnic group your soul belongs to? Could they make up some interesting, encompassing categories that would blur the lines and stop dividing us?
Today I feel very beige and plain...and sad. The man I house sat for in Hawaii last summer, passed away on Monday - such a loss - such a smart, interesting man and I am sad for his family and loved ones.
And Raffles, the myna bird who hacked my hand to bits....RIP JP
1 comment:
With all those tasties ... you seem to feel delicious!!!
Post a Comment