I knew my vacuum cleaner sucked, and not in a good way, but I had NO IDEA how bad it really sucked until today!!! I lived with FP for a while in Ft. Lauderdale. In 1995, when he moved in with his girlfriend, and I moved away to Texas, FP sold me his futon couch, a torchiere, 2 book cases, a green wing chair, a TV and a vacuum cleaner for $75. SUCH a deal. They all went to Texas with me and I used them all lovingly for the two years I was there. Then, everything got moved into storage when I moved to NYC...and I lived without alll my stuff for 5 years. Come 2002, I move to Tucson. I load all my crap up into a 17' truck including the afore mentioned handmedowns and move it here. I sold the TV a while back since I had bought a slightly larger one (a whopping 17"); mom bought me a nice cover for the futon and it is now my couch; the wing chair is nice to lounge in to crochet; and of course the book cases are well used...and even the vacuum cleaner served its modest purpose every couple of months, or so I thought. I could tell it was picking some stuff up, but I knew the bag was full and I couldn't find the replacements anywhere. A couple of times, I actually dug the hair and dust out of the bag, and just reattached it.
I broke down today and bought a $50 dirt devil - this gift card had been eating a hole in my wallet since last Christmas when mom tried to buy me some dishes I didn't need/want (another story). As I took it out of the box, I noticed it was missing all the "tools" shown in the photo (but Target said they would pull them from another box if I wanted to come pick them up), and I fired that puppy up. Oh my F**KING GOD! I had no idea the amount of hair and dust and dead skin and god knows what else, I have been living on!! I had to empty the cannister 4 times before I quit, and I am sure I could have done a couple more. I think of myself as messy but clean, do you know what I mean? Well, that is obviously a COMPLETE lie. I need to give this place a complete scrub down!! I know living in the desert comes with the sand and dust everywhere, but BLECHHHHH.. One of my favorite things to do is lie on the floor to crochet or watch TV (and since I am not married or have a boyfriend, I can do whatever I want). but GAWD...i just wanna go take a shower now!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment