By some odd chance, a friend posted a video on her Facebook today...and it was the FIRST video I ever saw, back in 1980...on Teletunes, which came BEFORE MTV in Denver, on KBDI, Broomfield Public Access...(MTV later bought Teletunes which I always thought was odd, but now that CORPORATIONS OWN America, I see the logic), and it was all helter skelter and psycho schizoid, new wave, alternative music choices from there....Depeche Mode, Yaz, Soft Cell, Split Enz, New Order, Fiction Factory, Love and Rockets, Tin Tin, Bauhaus, Blancmange, Erasure, Ministry, OMD, Shriekback, Tones on Tail, Icehouse, Japan, Spandau Ballet...god the list goes on....
So what misplaced 4 minute dirge from days gone by do I blame my current music tastes on? Easy: Classix Nouveaux Guilty - click here to see the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCLqj0X2AFk
ok, my Pandora is rockin' a little old school now. So, what framed YOUR music choices of today?

12 comments:
Ah, pandora. :)
I came over from RTT. I keep commenting on everyone's blog about how I feel guilty about not linking to RTT from my post. Which I tried. And couldn't without destroying the post. So now I'm telling you, a total stranger. I just don't want everyone to think I'm a spaz on my first link.
It's too late, isn't it? :|
just go to Keel's original post, scroll to the bottom and you will see a little box with code in it....just put your cursor anywhere in there, click CTRL A, then CTRL C...then go to YOUR post editor, and hit CTRL V. The little code will show up, but when you POST your blog, it will appear like the little picture....Go for it!!
Thanks for visiting :-)
Oh dear do I indulge? My teenage years were in the 80's so you could say I grew up with Disco...But if that's not bad enough, It's my man Neil Diamond that I love. Don't hate me!
Luckily I can listen to just about anything and rock on!
Well, right now I am listening to "Halloween Night" played by my 7 yr old. She is practicing piano after her lesson. Every time she makes a mistake she pounds random keys in anger. Is this the same "delightful child" her teacher tells me she is after each lesson?
The list in long and obscure.
how have I never heard this song you posted??? I LOVE alternative 80's, and dig every band you had in your list.
Saimi: ahhh disco.....I remember the first disco I snuck into...I was in total heaven. It wasn't til I was much older and I realized you were SUPPOSED to get drunk and try to get laid - i thought the idea was to dance as much as possible!!
Kelly.....i had one called Halloween March, full of minor chords and it was pretty tricky....and i thought it added to the spookiness to add in a few random SLAMS of my hands when I messed up...the teacher never saw it MY way...
come on captain...stump us!
karen, you didn't have FM TV like we did in Denver in 1980...i wonder if i had never seen depeche mode or bananarama or fun boy 3 on FM TV (which was free, and we didn't have MTV on cable), if I would still have the "awesome" music taste that i do today....
I grew up so out in the boonies that we didn't get radio. No joke. My parents bought a lot of country music tapes, and later CDs, and oldies. So now I love the Beatles and Garth Brooks :)
-Lady Fromage
Elvis is King in our house :-)
Cheers, jj
Post a Comment