29 October 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday. Whether it was the dressing up, or the taboo candy grubbing, I don't know. Somewhere in my mid 20s or 30s, I lost the urge. I went to parties here and there, but once there was no candy involved, and no mama to make me a cool costume, I guess it lost its flair. Last year, I decided I wanted that MOJO back, so I had my first party in 20 years.  The last party I had was 1989, I lived in these dive-y apartments on Powerline in Ft. Lauderdale. We had a pool, I had a blender, my sister brought pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mix and my own father brought the rum. A few friends came over, my roommate and her boyfriend, the neighbors, some random assholes from across the street....We had a blast - I was pretty screaming drunk, but I remember it WAS a fun time...(and no, my car disappearing a few months later had NOTHING to do with this!).

So, it had been a while since I "hosted" a party. I thought, "high time," (not like THAT, you dope), I put the word out, and I'll be damned if a butt load of people showed up, including TWO babies!  It was great! At one point, there were people DANCING in my living room - now that is cool, right?

I have decided to take fate into my hands and do it again tomorrow night.  So far, about 10 or 11 have RSVP'd, so who knows?  I guess I better start thinking about a costume...and some food!  I do have the soundtrack:

a good song for Halloween

another one

another one for you die hard fans



Hope you all have a spooktacular weekend!!

8 comments:

Saimi said...

Party on and have a great time!! Love the pumpkin carving and the buttkin face as well!

Irish Gumbo said...

I am at a loss for words...except to say, have a Happy Halloween, and glad to hear you got some mojo back!

karensomethingorother said...

Hm...I haven't been to a hallowe'en party in about ten years. Ah well, I'm scary enough every day as it is.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Do people still dress up as witches? I thought that was too obvious. The mooning pumpkin-butt is an insult in any culture.

LL said...

*hic*

SSP said...

GB: Welcome...you are quite an interesting character....I am going to have delve deeper into your blog, from what I have seen, I have no idea why those glorious buns on this post give you pause...you have plenty of buns on yours!! :-D and, witches? hey, I yam what I yam...

SSP said...

LL...and what did you drink!?

Laurie said...

I'm impressed that you can still wear your Girl Scout uniform!!