19 August 2010

I want a Divorce

i love my family, but dear sweet baby jesus [pun intended, as you will see], I want a Divorce from some of them!  Is that possible?

The trouble began when we invaded Baghdad......but more recently, one silly cousin, we will call her Cherry Bomb, mentioned some Ohhhhh HORRORsss story that "Obama had come out in support of the Muslim worship complex at ground zero" and she posted the little poll about do you support it or not. In response, I posted an actual NEWS story that came out today about how MORE people think Obama is a Muslim than did previously! I mean, come on!  This country is such a bunch of idiots! Ever hear of freedom of religion and separation of church and state?

Cousin K (for KER-AZZZY): "the bigger question is.... who is behind this and where are the funds coming from? makes you wonder huh? and who sold them the property? inquring minds would like to know.. 

ARM (for A Random Moe)  asked: And Pelosi wants to know who we are thats opposing the mosque! LOL

K:  is that woman really in her right mind? she wants to have all the "opposers" investigated and then punished...i know the muslims have the right to worship but why does our government cater to them? and then try to take away all of our Christian rights? all i can say is satan is alive and doing his job well !!

My eyes rolled inside my head and blasted out my nostrils at that point
 
ARM:  They will not humble themselves nor go away quietly...

I threw up a little in my mouth.  I could really no longer hold my tongue, as it was in bleeding shreds in my mouth

SSP :  It has nothing to do with YOUR rights, cousin K, and it takes nothing away from YOU. However, the US constitution guarantees those same rights to OTHER Americans who don't happen to be Christ followers, and, like it or not, there are MILLIONS of tax-paying Muslims in this country. You don't have to like it, but you do have to respect their rights as much as you want them to respect yours! And, ARM, why SHOULD they go away quietly?? They have just as much right to be here as you do!

K: did i say ANYTHING about taking their right to worship away? NO i did not ,i simply said why does our government try take anything that is Christian away? it seems to me its ok to be any other religion in the US except Christian, and for your infomation i have NOTHING against muslims , jews, buddist etc they can worship any way they like it .. i just find it a bit cruel to build your mosac next to a place that a group of radical muslims killed 100's of people in the name of their god..

ARM:   Yes, they have their "rights" but if they had their way we'd have "no rights". I personally don't desire to wear a burka or land in jail because I go out in public w/o a male relative. They have a right to build a mosque anywhere but they should realize and I think they do, that address is a wee bit too close to "ground zero" The first thing they do when they think they have conquered a nation is put up a mosque in that place.  Already they stop traffic on Madison Ave in NYC and allow the Muslims to kneel in the STREET for their prayers. Do you realize how many mosques are presently in NY?   They are terribly insensitive to the people who lost loved ones in the Twin Towers. But then, thats not a surprise as they kill their own people even wives and daughters.......duh! “New York City has more than 100 mosques, compared with 10 in 1970, and more than 800,000 of its 8.21 million residents are Muslims, said Philip Banks III,” chief of the NYPD Community Affairs Bureau. 

WTF??  Conquered a nation??  I don't consider us "conquered" by ANY drunken stretch of the imagination - What is IN that Koolaid those people are drinking??

SSP:  and 6000 churches and 1000 synagogues, I did the same Google search as you (http://didyouknow.org/number-of-churches-and-mosques-in-new-york-city/). Look, ARM, I don't know you, and I love my cousins, and moreover, I respect your right to your opinion, but you are being hateful and ignorant!   At the interfaith summit held in Chicago after the September 11th attacks, leaders of the muslin, christian and jewish faiths came together and issued this statement: "As we have since 9/11 and the beginning of the war on terrorism: we call for greater understanding; we seek to dispel ignorance; we ask that this be a time of humility not arrogance; and, we hope that all can be mindful of what we have lost." (Reuters AlertNet).

Just so you KNOW, dozens of the people who died on September 11th WERE Muslim, including a number of who were working in the restaurant, and some on the planes, and some who worked for AMERICAN companies in the towers, and even in the Pentagon! Do you really think Muslims don't CARE about their lost ones the same way as the Christian ones do?? What about the Jews? or God forbid [pun??], the atheists? Surely you will permit them to mourn their losses?

Look, they close the banks and schools for Christian holidays like Easter and Christmas, what is wrong with throwing a few crumbs to another religion. Stopping traffic in NYC happens ALL the time...is it OK, 'cuz they are shooting Sex in the City, or celebrating Chinese New Year or St, Patricks Day, but NOT ok, OK cuz we are asked to show a little respect? Madison is not the only way Uptown!  You are NOT required to wear a burqa (proper spelling), BECAUSE you have the freedom to practice a religion where you don't HAVE to wear anything you don't want!! 

Lastly, plenty of Americans kill their wives and children...only here we call it a genteel name, "Domestic Violence" and casually avert our eyes when we see it happening to our friends and neighbors. Killing women and children is NOT just a Muslim "thing." I think Hitler and his cronies at the SS, Christians one and all, felt no remorse at killing women and children.  

The 19 attackers on September 11th killed thousands of people, not hundreds, and while there are plenty of bad ones, that does not mean the entire religion is evil and corrupt! That is what I take issue with! I am NOT attacking you.... I am simply asking you all to have the same tolerance and generosity and kindness that Christ asks of you. Why is that so impossible. Muslims do not want to take ANYTHING away from you!

Look if anyone has actually READ anything "real" on this story, you would know that, first of all, they don't even have the money to pay for the building!! They can't just HAVE the building. No one is NYC is going to GIVE it to them....so this whole MOSQUE thing next to a sacred burial ground is kinda silly.

So, that is it. I logged out of Facebook after that...I can't wait to see the maelstrom of  seething rage I've stirred up in the right wing block of my family.  Anyone wanna adopt me??

3 comments:

Kat said...

You can come live in England with us, but... some people have a similar kind of mindset here. Freedom of religion, separation of church and state - should stop the debate in its tracks. To be quite honest I think it can be percieved as insensitive for a mosque to go up in that location BUT it isn't a politician's place to veto that kind of thing. And this kind of relatively molehill issue is easily blown up to overshadow the *real* problems out there.

...aaand stepping off the soapbox now...pardon me.

Captain Dumbass said...

I always find it interesting how so many people in a country build on democracy and freedom are so willing to deny it to their own citizens.

Anonymous said...

This post is so timing. I just posted my own little rant about this whole situation on my blog.

Couldn't agree more on the studidity level of some people!