28 October 2009

welcome new baby!!

My brother and his wife welcomed their second child, a son yesterday, October 27, 2009. He is a little slimey here but you can tell he will be a cutie pie....his mama and daddy are no so shabby, and heck, look at his Aunt SSP!! Maybe we set him up with Tessa Tangerine over at Pacing the Panic Room some day? I can't wait to see him - maybe a trip out in December once this play that has been eating my LIFE is over..

Colin joins a big sister, Nora, who was 2 in August. Speaking with complete authority, everyone needs a big sister - ask Linus....

I'd been putting off finishing this blanket for some reason, but when she was more than a week over due...I figured maybe if I finished it,
she'd have him...sure enough, I finished it Monday night and the next morning, she went into labor (OK, she was induced, but still.....)

Very happy for my baby brudder....but after I hung up the phone, I cried a little...not sure why...guess the realization that it really IS too late for me to have babies....and I don't have a partner so adoption really isn't an option - I don't think they'd give me one considering the diabetes.....oh well...now I have 5 nieces and nephews....they can each take me for 2 months out of the year when I get old, and then 2 months camping in the grand canyon, then start the rotation over.....

4 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

That baby is beautiful! (And so is that blanket!)

You're the best aunt, I can so tell!

Charmaine said...

Aww. What a cute baby. I want one, now that I can't have one.

grrr.

SSP said...

yeah i hear ya charmaine. My stage manager has a 7 month old and he comes to reheaarsal every day and i tote him around the whole time practically.....glad to give him back when he is squalling but for a little while it is nice :-)

That Janie Girl said...

Hey...so did you know that you won the Contacts contest?

Oh, yes you did!

So send me your address and I'll send you your SBux card!!