I was in Circle K today getting a big ass diet coke, and I filled my 32 oz cup almost to full and then stepped aside to let the fizziness die down, and out of consideration of the guy breathing down my neck. He has one of those GI-NORMOUS mugs - like a 2 liter size...and he is a big guy...real hefty ("more chins than a chinese phone book," to quote the play I am directing). Oddly enough, he starts filling his container with DIET COKE. I said, hey, can I just squeeze in real quick to top this off and be done, and he has the GALL to exhale in annoyance and roll his eyes, and THEN step aside so I can fill the last 2 inches of my cup. I could feel the holes he was burning into the back of my head.....I just wanted to just smack him - GOD. I had to restrain myself from throwing my drink in his beady-eyed piggy face!! AND he got that refill for the same price I did!!!I hate ugly people...yeah I know "hate" is an strong word, but there is really no reason to be so stupid. If you are in the grocery story, and you notice the guy behind you has only a few items, and you have a whole cart load, what would be the harm in letting him go??? I do it ALL the time and it just irritates me, particularly at Costco, when I just go in for a bottle of vitamins or a monster bucket of hummus...and everyone else is stocking up for the Day After....
whatever....patience is a virture and I am ALL out.
7 comments:
On the bright side, all that aspartame is sure to kill him soon.
Oh you would LOVE Italy... people are constantly cutting me off just because they hear me speaking English.. and why I always carry a can o' whoop-ass with me.
I stopped expecting men to be gentlemen about 25 years ago.
One day, an older fella held the door open for me as I entered the bank...
I almost fell over.
Switch to Whole Foods :)
@capn: way to point out the silver lining!! thanks
@christine: I would LOVE italy...I try not to speak american when i am in a foreign country (of course, that means, I don't always get what I want anyway, but since I am abroad, who cares?!!) :-)
@NapW: our mamas raised us right, I guess, perhaps I should feel sorry that he didn't have a mama who taught him?
@Char: a lady held the door open at the gym this morning and I was SO not expecting it to still be open when i got there, that I ran into it face first...I just assumed she would let it go...dammit...i have a nice bump too!
@Braja: I DO go there :-) Sunflower adn trader Joes are closer. Circle K was in a pinch for a quick caffeine fix on the way to rehearsal :-)
Hi SSP,
Here's a good video I found on YouTube about religion, you might like to view it and see if you have any answers for the questions it poses.
”God in my life”
I think it makes a lot of good common sense don't you?
From
Chris Hill
(Lancaster)
American youth: Young gifted and passionate about religion.
”Fiery lady”
Anti gag, i have watched both. The second is great and I will forward that on to lots of people. The first one starts out smart and interesting but disintegrates completely. I don't think people who have faith are delusional or ridiculous and I would never want to take that away from them! Faith gives millions hope, and whether it is false hope as this video screams, it is something, and for some people that is all they have...and I would never want to be the person to take that away. Thanks for the links
Post a Comment