august?
Hello to anyone who still checks in on my blog. It has been a busy summer, with the move and Hawaii, and then the reunion. Then I went to Chicago for a meeting. I was in a hotel right up the river from the BlogHer conference and totally forgot about that...there are more than a few people I would have like to have met, or tried to meet....one of the reasons I don't write anymore is cuz I spend too much time online reading other people's work!!
But I love Chicago and it was nice to be there when it wasn't 2 degrees like it is in February. We ate at McCormick and Schmicks on Saturday night, and the meeting was productive and everyone was happy with my work.
Then I took the train over to Michigan City, my sissy picked me up and drove the rest of the way back to Grand Rapids to spend a few days with
her family...it was a REALLY unusually nice time, and GREAT weather! Apparently the
4th coldest July on record, but I was not complaining. Oldest niece and only nephew worked a lot while I was there, but in a state where the unemployment is highest in the country, I suppose you do what you need to do to keep a job - I am proud of them!
Middle niece and I hung out, and we fed the horses and played with the dogs, and I slept ALOT, and 
Sissy took her and I to the beach for a nice evening in the lake. We saw the movie UP, which was cute, and we visited middle niece at work - she made me a HUGE ice cream sundae and I ate every bit of it...
Then it was home for a week. Moved in a little bit more. My boyfriend reminded me that there is no future to our relationship, thank you very much, but was kind enough to move my book cases and put up an antenna on the roof AND bought me awesome filters for my a/c. If there is no future in this, I could get used to these doomed relationships!
Now I am in NYC. I am here for a conference, but am arranging to have a damn fine social time. So far, I have seen two friends from high school I haven't seen in ages (thanks to Facebook), and have plans to meet up with Michelle this Thursday - I am very excited cuz I LOVE her blog :-)
More photos from the reunions and with Michelle when I get home.....Peace
2 comments:
Looked like fun but also wish you'd hit the Blogher site, woulda been fun :)
were you there? damnation...I really would have made SURE then!
Post a Comment