Esso non è le parole abili, i versi buffi o il dialogo pieno di significato che noi ricordano - ci sono le immagini e i suoni, Noi lottiamo a comprendere le parole, ma, i odori, i suoni e i quadri, noi proviamo semplicamente. I sensi diventano l'essenza di nostri sogni. Le memorie sensuali sono un sentiero più diritto a quello che siamo che i pensieri è le parole ricordati.
Translation:
It is not clever words, the funny lines or the meaningful dialogue that we remember - it is the images and the sounds. Words we must struggle to understand, but smells, noises and pictures we can simply experience. The senses become the substance of our dreams. Sensual memories are far more direct a path to who we really are than remembered thoughts and words
10 comments:
I sensi non ci ingannano, ma il giudizio fa.
Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.
(Oscar Wilde)
my italian is rusty too...does this mean, the senses do not fool us, but they guide us?
I wish I knew where i found this quote...
Very close on the first part, and I am not quite sure how well I tranlated it inot Italian but what I was trying to say was
The senses do not deceive us, but the judgment does.
ahh.. ok that makes sense....
Appelez-moi l'américain vilain, je préfère le Rencontré sur n'importe quel musem dans le monde.
But really do you know the painting I am talking about...you should google it..you will crack up when you see it.
Artist`s Garden at Giverny
I do know it, and think it is lovely as purple is one of my favorite colors, but not why it will crack me up (i can be obtuse and blind sometimes).
If by Rencontré, you mean the MET (rencontré is the past participle of the verb "to meet," but I think if you were abbreviating the MET in french, it would be le métropolitan), I will give you that it IS probably the best museum overall, but the Orsay still wins, hands down, for Impressionist collections :-D
Heavy sigh. I could listen to you two talk for days.
Quoting Wilde, talking about art...
Of course, since you do this in languages I don't understand it's a bit difficult. But I don't care...
I like it.
ehhh it is different in writing than it would be in english - we'd all have to have british accents and speak life affected prigs, with tea in one hand.... :-) where have you and Jim and Briana and POM been?? I have missed everyone's posts!! what? do you all have jobs and lifes or something??
Well, I have been buried in a job that I have grown to loathe, struggling with the ideas of reinventing myself and trying to find passion in my life. See Char you are not the only one. I am probabaly going thru menopause too.
Post a Comment