29 October 2008

Dear John Letter

Dear K:

I give up. You are obviously somewhere in your life or work or whatever, that you have no need for my friendship. Can't tell you how sad that makes me, cuz I like being your friend, but I can (eventually) take a hint. I won't bother you anymore.
Sara

dare I click SEND? Wouldn't it be wise just to let this stupid thing go? There is so clearly no chance in hell that he will ever care for me the way I "think" I do.....I guess then I would really really really be alone - i mean, at least, with my little fantasy, I can pretend he does like me. If I give up the ghost, who do I think about on those cold (68 degrees) Tucson nights? I am shriveling up from the inside out...Unlike a raisin...you can't see the wrinkling, collapsing structure inside me. But I can feel it.

I should send it and cut this wart off - I can conjure up some other fantasy to get me through - probably be more realistic than this ridiculous crush

4 comments:

JIMSIGHT said...

His soul shall taste the sadness of her might,
And be among her cloudy trophies hung.

Recognize this?

hey fancy nancy is finished and posted and I posted a little poem for you again so you won't feel alone in your madness

SSP said...

Keats "Ode to Melancholy." I do delight in my misery - not in a pathetic or self serving way. As I think i wrote in another blog, I LOVE my ups and downs, my emotional roller coaster....and whether they are caused by my fluctuating blood sugar, the phases of the moon, or just CUZ...I relish every bouncy moment. How can you know good theatre if you don't EVER have the glorious opportunity to see BAD theatre (which I definitely have). Same goes with life. I would HATE to be happy all the time....it would mean I was a soulless, emotionless, dry automaton, completely disconnected from my right brain.

but, are you saying I should send it??? LOL

I can't wait to read Nancy!!! so glad you are back :-) (and glad I made you do the GOOD cry)

JIMSIGHT said...

make sure you let me know after you read the poem, I will delete it like i did the other. I don't like leaving them out there, would like to get them published some day and no copy on them yet...

glad you liked the last one...it's kind of not for everyone...

JIMSIGHT said...

wow, very fast on the Keats...no one better when you wan't to wallow in it. I hope to someday have people wallowing in my words.

not really sure being happy is the point, right? we wouldn't have these emotions at our disposal if we were not intended to use them.

yes thanks for the tears