21 June 2008

assmilation

i have worn an insulin pump for 15 years now...today i added the next step in the search for a closed loop system - a sensor...supposedly it will send a message to my new pump every 5 minutes telling me what my sugar is...i have had it in 8 hours and so far the only reading i have are from the finger pokes i have had to do...supposedly i am only going to have to do at most 4 per day to calibrate this sucker...i have done close to 10 already today as i have been running high since i switched over to the new pump - this is irritating as all hell..the learning curve, not to mention the cost are just DAUNTING!!

stay tuned for more info...as if anyone besides Laurie even reads this...and she won't know what in the heck i am talking about (fortunately for her)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I know what a pump is. My college roommate, that I lived with for three years is diabetic. BTW I'm at hrhqueennut

Charmaine said...

Hey, not the change the topic but...send me over your bald Italian? hee hee

Yea, POF is possibly a lake full of nut cases. But then again, I'm a little nutty. Cheers!

Charmaine