05 June 2008

little black hairs

I guess in one respect, it is a good thing K was out of town, but i still have this burning urge to slap him. He knows I wouldn't, or couldn't, be that irrational in public...but he also KNOWS the craving would be there....on the other hand, I am grateful to him for stirring up that ire...made me realize that, while I may not have children to love me or take care of me when i get old, I have had an incredible life....and I have all intentions of continuing to have fun and find contentment...and my sister's children love and adore me!! I do not believe I need a man, or children, to complete me or make my life full....and I almost pity women who feel that way. Yes, I get sad sometimes when I get to hold a sweet-smelling, wiggling little person, knowing I won't have one of my own, but that is encoded into our DNA...if women didn't have genetic, intuitive longings or urges for children, do you think they would put up with the stinky socks on the couch, those little black hairs in the sink and the mental abuse that goes on so often? I think NOT.

There are a few other things we tolerate men for. They can almost always get the pickle jar open, which comes in especially handy, I would imagine, if they knock us up; they aren't afraid of the big black crawly thing with 14 legs under the table; they usually have jumper cables, whereas WE might have taken that stupid "emergency kit" out to make room for the 4 boxes of stuff that will (one day) go to good will - and better still, they probably know how to use them without blowing up the car. There are a few other things men are probably better at, but I am not going to make them public knowledge....The less they know we know about them, the better off we all remain.

No comments: