Today, I got a fed ex delivery from an unknown person...It was pretty heavy, and I am thinking, someone is finally sending me one of those heads I often command be chopped off, and yet they never are (dammitohell). I open it up to find a gorgeous glass trophy and a letter letting me know I had won second place in this NATIONAL competition!!
Apparently a $500 donation has been made in my name to the American Diabetes Assoc., in support of youth diabetes summer camps and I have been entered in the International competition that will happen sometime this month. I love the reaction and response my words bring forth in my annual christmas letters and the various rants I write, and now, to be recognized by Eli Lilly and the ADA, totally impartial and not obligated to love me in any way - well, it just feels really good...
Geez, I am actually crying with happiness - I mean how often does THAT happen in regards to diabetes??
1 comment:
Wow and Congrads... that is a NICE trophy!!
Post a Comment