31 July 2008

summer fun


June came and went, and so did I...camped in the grand canyon with my awesome aunt, spent 4th of july with my family and friends, spent July avoiding the rain, and spent the last week on the road...Chicago and now Denver, which I consider my home town...Is home where you ARE or is home where you come from??? for me, it is where I am...and even so, I feel a little lost here...it has grown and gone on without me, but it sure is good to see my friends, and my old hangouts. The trees are bigger, Wide Acres is gone, but Little Theater is still there, and Manning has been renovated, but it is still a school...the Hilton is now a Sheraton, but the Petroleum Club is still there....They say you can't go home....but what if home is a part of you? You CAN take it with you, I think and Bon Jovi did a great song about that...I may not be a smalltown girl, but I was definitely born a rolling stone.... and I am glad I can find home whereever I go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYNSQXQCMI

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Ha ha. You're funny.