can someone please explain to me what is going on in the world? I mean, we don't know if this guy was just some nut job off his meds, or if his actions were politically motivated, but if Jared Loughner is an example of the youth of today deal with situations, then we are FUCKED for sure! Should we now be afraid of asserting our first amendment right! Is someone going to SHOOT me because I said George W was a friggin' idiot and that the invasion was WRONG.....How about because I am considering buying a FOREIGN car next time??
I don't pray in the conventional sense, but what passes for them are being said, thought and felt for Gabrielle Giffords now. I am very proud to say that I voted for this amazing woman.
5 comments:
It's awful, isn't it? It's made headlines in Europe for sure. I am really pulling for her to pull through and it's heartbreaking and infuriating to think of the little girl who was shot and killed.
I also fear that this incident will make politicians less accessible to the public. Bleh :(
the hate speech, the lax gun laws, the lack of care for the mentally ill - a recipe for disaster
.....and life goes on, eh?
one is NEVER sure of safety any more... tragically :(
it is tragic, but seriously when has anyone EVER felt sure of safety...i mean, unless you live in a padded room with nothing to trip over, just walking out of the house could kill ya...those indians back in 1620.....the damn British in 1776, oh my god, the plague and famine and dust bowls and earthquakes and tornados....life is a series of non fatal accidents....and I just don't want anyone, especially my GOVERNMENT, "trying" to make me FEEL safe...Taking my liberty and rights and freedoms, and everyone elses, does not make me feel safer...It is a state of mind, not a rule that can be enforced.....
but JL was a whack job for a while. If his school or his parents or his friends had been looking out for him, the way we are supposed to do in a "society" - if the gun laws were a little less ridiculous in this country in general and in this state in particular, then maybe things would be different.....sigh.....
Post a Comment