I lived in Louisiana, Texas, Alberta and New Jersey before my daddy finally settled us for a while in Colorado. Even though I only officially lived there for about 13 years of my total life, I still consider it my "home." I needed to get a few more frequent flyer points to maintain elite status for 2011, so I decided on a quick trip "home," ostensibly to see the leaves change. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...so here are 8,000 words.....
 |
| an icon of my youth.... |
 |
| Typical sky found nowhere else on earth |
 |
| Maroon Bells near Aspen |
 |
| Aspen doing their thing | |
|
 |
| These are actual un-retouched colors |
|
Homeward bound,
I wish I was,
Homeward bound,
Home where my thought's escaping,
Home where my music's playing,
Home where my love lies waiting
Silently for me.*
*Homeward Bound lyrics by Paul Simon
9 comments:
I think that's one of the biggest issues facing our current generations - we have the ability to live almost anywhere. And so does everyone else... family, friends etc. It can be hard when different places in the world have a claim on one's soul! Glad you made it back to CO and got some pics though, they are beautiful.
Wow...those shots are beeeeautiful!!!!!
yah...and can you believe you LIVE there now???
Quakies? You have a fondness for quakies? Oh SSP... what ever am I to do with you? ;)
quakies??? I am scared to ask what that is....
So beautiful! I've never been to that State, but must put it on my list to visit before I leave this world.
*sigh* Here. *shakes head slowly*
:ewink:
ohhhhhh i am so ignorant! thanks LL
Post a Comment