10 January 2010

begin again

Some people start the new year as if it is a sheet of paper - clean and fresh, unmarred by lines and tears and little chunks torn off. Mine is more like a coffee-stained, crumpled up little ball in the corner that has been rescued and smoothed out to add more notes on to the back side....

My year always begins as if the last one had not finished. Due to my work, I don't really have time to reflect on what I want to do differently, just what I need to finish before the 15th. and 2010 was no different. While I spent the first 2 days of the year driving across Texas, I had plenty of time to think, and sing really loudly, but I once again, didn't resolve to DO anything differently. Oh I "say"my resolution is to say "no" more often, but here it is, 5 days before I leave for 5 weeks, and I have the following scheduled:

2 pilates classes (M/W)
dinner meeting with rocket scientists (M)
haircut (W)
blood to the doctor (T)
coffee date with I (T)
breakfast with the pilates bunch (W)
walk with G (Th)
I also need to cram in some more crochet, get together with Cass, PACK, and myriad other things...not to mention the full time amount of work I need to do. And my so-called "boyfriend" might want some attention before I leave for 5 weeks, ya think????

i have donee this to myself every year for the last 8 years of living 2000 miles from my office...you'd think I could plan better by now...it is those dang holidays that screw me up - if I didn't have to shop, or make presents or drive 2,587 miles MAYBE I could relax this week and gear UP for the trip. I did get out of the usual conference I go to LAST week - In 2009, there was that little robbery at my apartment that threatened to undo me altogether and there will be NONE of that this year.

Oh well....thank goodness for sights like this, though, huh? Red Sky at night, sailors delight.....

3 comments:

Diane said...

Take a deep breath...

And tell me where this so-called boyfriend came from!!??!!

Glad to see you back :)

Real cab driver said...

If you want to ride in the King's cab, ask him if he'd do a 'personal'. If he says yes, he'll give you some way to contact him like a cell number or a phone number of the company that owns his cab you can call to arrange the ride. I can assure you he does personals, we all do.

getrdone said...

thanks for showing my girl the sites and sounds. love the video of her with the chimes! Also love the pic of the red sky!