10 November 2009

Dear Sissy

E, darling sister of mine,

I love you sooooo much, but you have never needed anyone's approval to live your life, so why do you constantly seek it out from your mother in law, of all people? You may be married to her son, but you were born MY SISTER - and it does not matter what everyone ELSE in the world has or does, because you are good enough! Just sit there and listen, and be nice to her, count tiles in the floor, whatever - she is sitting there chatting with you, a family member NOT ignoring you, as you so often complain about...hell, I am sure she is scared to talk to you about anything cuz she knows you have a hair trigger and you will bite her head off. AND I SAY THIS CUZ I HAVE ONE TOO!!! You have to walk on tippy toe around me most of the time...
Who CARES if she thinks we come from a trailer park????? I am sure she doesn't, having met the rest of your family, but why, oh why do you feel the need for her to be all gooey and impressed and gushing about you or your kids. She is NOT going to change, so why do you constantly make yourself miserable and make her think you are a bitch? When you say snide or snarky things, she really is not smart enough and just does NOT get it! It only hurts YOU!

Who gives a shit if K walks in and, instead of saying hello, she says "something is burning!" that is HER....you can't judge her, and you need to stop being so judgmental about them! If you hate it so much, Move. Leave P and go somewhere where you won't have to listen to how wonderful R is, or how great T did in soccer, or how cool B's golf score was, or how awesome everyone ELSE in the family is. You KNOW you have class and taste, and your kids are smart, intelligent, well behaved and obviously loved by their aunts and uncles and cousins - I saw that at Thanksgiving last year.

And WHO CARES if your house is "plain" - you don't have solid wood floors or granite countertops or top of the line berber carpet - but you have DOUBLED the square footage of your house since you moved in!! You paint and do all the things that your mother in law was so impressed that R managed to do - maybe she was sharing that with you cuz she knows you work your ass off and you like fixing your house, and she was happy that R was finally getting into it and she thought maybe you would like R a little more if you knew she was trying to do all those things the amazing sister of SSP did!!
STOP comparing yourself to other people, sissy. Count your blessings and you will be happier. Your life will be easier and not so much struggle
I know you think I don't understand, and maybe I don't understand your Yankee inlaws, but I KNOW you and I know you are making yourself miserable by looking out of your palace and seeing how green the grass is everywhere else....Stop. Look at what you have, how healthy and happy your children are, how secure you are in your safe comfortable home. Change what you can, and if all else fails, come to AZ and live with ME...see how happy you will be then!!
I love you

SSP

2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Your sister is very wise, sissy. Please listen to her.

Stu Pidasso said...

that is way sweet!