So, I also felt the self-indulgent urge to send the essay to my friends and family - none of who read this blog (at least I hope not), and got a mix of reactions from them..mostly loving and supportive - many had no idea what I had been feeling, and I guess it explained alot to them about my behavior these last few years...
My mama called and said I was getting to be as verbose as my father. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I think he is a helluva writer...just hope I am not as IN YOUR FACE FUCKA as he can be...(daddy, are you still reading this??)
It felt SO good to get that all out. I NEEDED it, and thanks to those who read it, and MORE thanks to those who thought it was crap and withheld the urge to tell me so....

4 comments:
Hey cutie,
Now it's time to get back on POF and find a new man to adore you.
He's just around the corner. I can feel it. They always show up when your not looking and nursing a little heart break.
Or not.
It was a brilliant post and really well written. I remember my mom was alive at the time and she was stuck in Canada. We were worried about you because we knew you were in the area at the time and I remember we were relieved when the news came that you were safe.
Had a friend discover his girl hadn't made it out, she was above the restaurant.
You're right, the time surrounding that day was awful for our family. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to think of Sept. 11 without trying to always put a human face on the tragedy.
Hugs and glad you wrote it. Very moving.
ViVi sends you hugs and kisses with her paws and pink tongue. Feel better. Chin up! Keep on smiling and good things will come your way.
Sometimes its good to just get it all out.
Post a Comment