She just
oozes venom. Nothing I say is worth crap. I ask what do you want to
do, she says, i don't care what ever you
want to do, so I say we are going to take the bus and she complains about her
feet and walking to the bus I say, ok we can take a a cab - oh now she says,
let's do what YOU want. At lunch, i thought she'd have a better view in the
seat facing the boats, so i said, sit here, and she flounced down into the chair... Observant, I saw I
had done SOMETHING to make her mad, so I said, you can sit here in the other seat if you would
rather. oh NO, she said, you want me to sit here so I will sit here. I said, you
can sit in whichever you want, i just thought the view would be better from that one. Oh
I am just fine here if this is where you want me. I almost hit her square in
the face. Instead I leaned over real close, put my hand on her wrist and whispered in her
ear, you can sit in whch ever seat you want, i just thought this was the
BETTER seat, so she grabs her stuff and says OK I WILL change, that's the one i wanted anyway. i came so
close to twisting her arm or throwing a glass of water in her face several times, or maybe just punching
her.
At dinner, my cousin, no relation to her, and i are chatting as we usually do once a year when we get together. I mention how my cousin's grandma got HER her first
job and Oh my does that set her off on a roll, talking and and oh my she is just in story heaven. I finally say something about seeing
another cousin recently in Chicago, and you would have thought I had actually made good on my mental threats and slapped her. She sat there the rest of dinner, picking at her sandwicm with
her lips pursed, wouldn't say a thing to anyone.
When the bill comes, she asks, am I supposed to pay for everyone? No, I mutter, we all pay our own.When we wre offered a ride home instead of having to suffer the bus all the way back, it is, oh no we don't want to put you out of your way. My cousin insits, couldn't be nicer about it, and she sits like a lump, as we are getting out, she apologizes profusely for putting them out....
and now she is in her pajamas, faces washed, in bed watching television. barely 8pm...what am i supposed to do for 3 hours.
i love her but i can't be with her. she makes
me feel worthless. a mother is not supposed to do that to a child. SHE makes ME
feel like I should jut kill myself. That i am an ugly unstylish heaven useless
blob. SHE makes ME feel like SHIT
2 comments:
Hmm..well I spent the good part of a day with you and can testify that you are not ugly,( I spotted your good looks as I drove throgh Greenpoint...not easy unless you're a looker, which you are.. ;) nor unstlylish, (as I am)...you looked pretty hip in the threads you ha not to mention being the Queen of Asteroids in NYC...need I go on ??? You educate myself and many others on Diabetes which in turn pays it forward which doesn't show up on a balance sheet...we all have a relative who drives us crazy and makes us feel shitty...but, generally we love them, deal with the "temporary madness" and move along on our journey...much like you dealt with me Hahahahaha :D You have a heart as big as that giant green head in the museum my friend, and you totally ROCK inside and OUT ...for those 3 hours you should have called me and we could discuss how we'll deal with Voltron next time !! :D Much love Sara SSP , so glad I got to meet you, and hope its not the last time my friend :)
King, thank you so much for your kind post. I actually never saw it cuz the comments go to an email i never check....but i am glad i did.. As for good looks, consider i was in greenpoint, Bill Macy would have looked attractive there :-) Much love back atcha, and I will PLAN to see you when I am back in the rotten apple, OK??
Post a Comment