08 November 2011

howdy

Thanks for the prod, King!  I have been super busy, or so it feels. Actually, all I do is work and work out. Now that I have a smart phone, i spend a lot less time on line in general. I can check email from bed or god's sake, or at the gym while I am riding the bike, so no more traipsing around the World Wide Web - it is really a pain on that 3" screen.  Frankly, I DO waste a lot of time on BRAIN SUCKER, I mean,  Facebook. And then some "friend" hooked me up with Words with Friends. I really should delete that account, but I don't think I would ever get any updates from my family with out....Found out my cousin Karen is in hospice for Lung Cancer....via Facebook....and other such important details.  I've actually been trying to write notes, use up stationary and STAMPS, to help support my sister's husband, who doesn't want to lose his job at the USPS....but my handwriting SUCKS and it is hard to write with a pen - it is SO slow!  Gawd!  I am just glad I never wasted time perfecting my cursive handwriting, now that I hear they aren't even teaching it anymore in school. After I post this, while I have momentum, I have to catch up on 3 months of my favorite blogs....and there are not a few of them....

So, what have I been up to (it is my blog, so it tends to be all about me, right?). Last week was the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walkathon, and I raised ALMOST $3,000! (Here is a link if you want to help me actually GET to $3000)  I WAS actually getting burnt out on JDRF, then they went and published a full page ad in the Washington Post and the New York Times demanding the FDA get off its' bureaucratic ass, and approve the artificial pancreas project, technology that is already available in other countries!  AND, they changed their logo and name to more accurately reflect that they are out there for the CURE for TYPE 1 diabetes, and not just for the cute little kids, but also for the  85% of us who are adults!  (CLICK HERE for more information on the name/logo change).

I am joining the new millennium and bought a new computer yesterday, and yes, Dude, I got another Dell. Skipped Vista and Me and went straight from XP to 7 Professional (cuz I am not ready to upgrade my software yet...baby steps...) My laptop monitor went out, so I am no longer mobile,as I am hooked into a real monitor now...sigh. Which is a pain since I have 3 weeks of travel ahead of me!, but hopefully it will be delivered BETWEEN Florida and before Chicago...here's hoping.

Working out is about all I do for fun (?) these days.  I have been doing step aerobics a couple times a week, and pilates 4 times a week, though one of my teachers just quit so now I am screwed. I have also been doing Pilates reformer classes here and there, and Cross Fit, which I ADORE!!! I actually have bruises on my arms where the 45 pound bar hits me, and my legs were so weak from air squats today, I could barely do step class!  More please

But of course, I am going on a quick vacation to see mom this weekend, and then it gets REALLY busy round here....

Well, I guess that is enough. I have alot to rant about, mainly, I am sad they felt it necessary to lynch Michael Jackson's doctor.  They ruined him...in my opinion, he did not murder MJ, or act recklessly...but I guess they didn't pick me or the jury.....

I wonder if there is anyone still out there, reading.....i hope so...Say hi if you are there :-)

2 comments:

King of New York Hacks said...

Hi...I'm still here :) . Thanks for the plug ! Wow, what a busy life, what the heck is REALLY busy ?? No sleep ?? Brilliant job fighting for what we should already have in this country, my Uncle just got diagnosed with Diabetes and is having a lot of complications, I'm happy he has the medical he's getting though...Haha Brain Sucker, love it...never heard it referred to that before, you should connect with all the bloggers on it if you haven't already...a lot of bloggers get my feed through facebook and I post something everyday there...just a pic or a joke...but I have it on my phone so I use it often enough..Great to see ya back SSP, look forward to reading more of your antics in the future , welcome back :-)

Charmaine said...

Hello my lovely,

He dispensed an anesthetic used for surgery...as a remedy for insomnia.

Anesthesia can numb your bodies ability to breath and perform other autonomic functions...(hence the monitoring equipment required in surgery)

He should have told Michael to take a Tylenol PM with a crisp Chardonnay.